The mid-term exam period occurs during the 7th week of classes. At the end of the mid-term exam period, instructors submit grades. The instructions for submitting mid-term grades is listed below.
- Go to gaelxpress.stmarys-ca.edu
- Log in and Click on the link, Grading.
- Select the term and click "Submit". You will now see a listing of the courses you were assigned to instruct for the term.
- At the top of the screen, you will see the statement, "Midterm/Intermediate Grading". On the drop down menu, SELECT the appropriate grading period.
- Check the box under the heading, "Choose One" in order to select the class that you will grade. Click the "Submit" button.
- You will see a grade roster of the students who are currently enrolled in your class. If you are teaching a cross-listed course, the students are listed on a single grade rosters.
The following is the listing of valid grades that you may assign during Midterm grading:
S = Satisfactory performance (if course ended today, student would receive a C or better)
D = Deficient performance (problems in one or more areas of the course) – contact the instructor immediately.
F = Failure (if course ended today, student would not pass) – contact the instructor immediately.
After you have completed grading for your class, you must click the “Submit” button at the bottom of the screen in order for your grades to be received.
YOU MAY PRINT A COPY OF THE GRADES FOR YOUR RECORDS.
If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to contact the Registrar’s Office at (925) 631-4214. Our office hours are Monday through Thursday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. and Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.