We welcome students year-round for information sessions, tours and interviews. If you have a chance to visit during the school year, definitely make time to eat lunch in Oliver Hall or attend a class.
Planning your campus visit
Please sign up in advance so that we can plan ahead for your arrival. Drop-ins are welcome and will be accomodated according to availability.
For prospective students, there are three visit options that you can combine to suit your needs (each form must be filled out separately to register):
- To begin, if this is your first "official" visit, schedule a presentation and tour, offered most weekdays at 9am and 1pm.
- If you have time for a more complete experience, plan an academic visit also, where you can sit in on a class and/or meet with a professor in your field of interest.
- If you're planning to apply to SMC, you may also consider an interview while you are here. It's a great way to meet an admissions counselor in person and talk one-on-one about your interests and background.
When you arrive on campus, look for a "Future Gaels" parking spot. Check-in on the first floor of Brother Jerome West Hall. We begin with a one hour presentation by an Admissions Officer (bring your questions!) followed by an hour-long guided tour by a Student Ambassador.
Presentation and Tour Schedule
- 9 a.m. presentation & 10 a.m. tour
- 1 p.m. presentation & 2 p.m. tour
Saturdays Only (September through May, except Holidays):
- 10 a.m. presentation & 11 a.m. tour
- 11:15 a.m. presentation & 12:15 p.m. tour (only on select Saturdays during heavy visit periods; choose a date on the tour registration for details.)
Visits are closed on the following dates due to the Holiday Schedule or Admissions Events:
- December 23-27 and 30-31, 2013
- January 1 and 20, 2014
- March 10-12, 2014
- April 4, 7-9, 17-18 and 21, 2014
Please note: all visit requests are subject to availability.
We have a few special programs in the summer and fall that may interest you as well.
If you have any questions please contact the Admissions office at (925) 631-4983.