See below for a list of supporting faculty members within the English Department.
- Ph.D. University of Virginia,, 1992
Dissertation: "Affection and the Problems of Freedom: Leaves of Grass in 1860"
- M.A. University of Virginia, 1986
- B.A. Georgetown University, 1982
- Professor - Saint Mary's College of California (2002 - Present)
- Associate Professor of English - Saint Mary's College, Moraga, California (1996 - 2002)
- Assistant Professor - Saint Mary's College, Moraga, California (1992 - 1996)
- Visiting Assistant Professor of English - Georgetown University, Washington, D.C. (1990 - 1992)
- Young Adults' Choice Award - International Reading Association (June 2005)
Novel, My Not-So-Terrible Time at the Hippie Hotel, chosen by young adult readers as one of the thirty top titles published in 2003
- St. Mary's College Alumni-Faculty Fellow - Saint Mary's College (2012)
Spent three weeks in southwest Ireland researching my novel in progress.
- Writers Residency - Hedgebrook (July 2006)
- St. Mary's College Alumni-Faculty Fellow - St. Mary's College (1995)
- National Endowment for the Humanities Fellowship Summer - Dartmouth College, New Hampshire (1994)
Participated in the Seminar "Slavery and the U.S. Civic Imagination,"
- Lasallian Initiative Grant (Departmental) - St. Mary's College (2001)
- Irvine Foundation Grant for Curriculum Development, - (1993)
- Books for the Teen Age - New York Public Library (March 2006)
Novel, Thou Shalt Not Dump the Skater Dude, chosen as one of the best books for teens published in 2005.
- Writing for Today's Teen Reader. Graham, Rosemary (panel or forum member)
San Francisco Writers Conference
(February 19, 2011)
- Contra Costa Library Festival of Reading. ,
(May 17, 2008)
- Negotiating Terms: The Language of the MFA Classroom.
"Reconcilable (In)Differences," University of Denver
- "The Prostitute in the Garden: Female Sexuality in Walt Whitman's Poetry".
American Literature Association Conference, Baltimore, Maryland
- Writing for Today. Graham, Rosemary
- Stalker Girl. New York: Viking, 2010.
- Thou Shalt Not Dump the Skater Dude. New York: Penguin, 2008.
- September 2003. Clothing Firms Try on Teen Fiction, All Things Considered, NPR
- My Not-So-Terrible Time at the Hippie Hotel. : Puffin, 2003.
- "A Word From Her Sponsor." The San Francisco Chronicle, October 15, 2001
- "The Value of A Summer Job." The San Francisco Chronicle, July 16, 2001
- "City of Scolds." The San Francisco Chronicle, July 2001
- "Death Rites." The Santa Monica Review, 2001
- ""Over the Carnage Rose Prophetic a Voice"; "The Attorney General's Office"; "The City Dead-house"; "The Complete Writings of Walt Whitman"; "The Collected Writings of Walt Whitman"." entries for The Walt Whitman Encyclopedia. LeMaster and Donald Kummings, eds., Greenwood Press, 1998
- "The Prostitute in the Garden: Walt Whitman, Fanny Hill, and the Fantasy of Female Pleasure." English Literary History. Johns Hopkins University Press, 1997
- "Solving All the Problems of Freedom: The 'Case' of the 1860 Leaves of Grass." American Transcendental Quarterly. University of Rhode Island, March 1993
- "Dividing them from Us Within Ourselves." Interview with cartoonist Lynda Barry, for "Women and Humor" issue of IRIS: A Journal About Women 20, pgs. 34-39, 1988