The MFA Program in Creative Writing is a two-year course of study leading to the MFA degree in creative nonfiction, fiction, or poetry.
- Professor Brenda Hillman's Seasonal Works with Letters on Fire is Reviewed by Tikkun Magazine
- Three SMC MFA Authors nominated for Northern California Book Awards
- Creative Writing Professor Matthew Zapruder's article, "Everyday Failure," Appears in AWP Magazine.
- Candace Eros Diaz receives prestigious Steinbeck Fellowship
- "Summer Poem #3," a poem by professor Matthew Zapruder, appears in the Spring 2015 Transatlantic Poetry issue of Ploughshares Literary Magazine