See below for a list of supporting faculty members within the Politics Department.
- Ph.D. Political Science, Stanford University, June 1977
"The Political Attitudes of Prison Inmates." A panel study of adult male felons in California prisons.
- Professor of the Year - Saint Mary's College (May 2003)
- Sustainability in Higher Education. Woolpert, Stephen (invited, paper)
Environmental Justice and Global Citizenship
(July 02, 2007)
- "Ecological Thinking" as a Liberal Art. Woolpert, Stephen (invited, paper, panel or forum chair, moderator, or leader)
American Association of Colleges and Universities
- Education For a Sustainable Future. Woolpert, Stephen (invited, paper, panel or forum chair, moderator, or leader)
Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education
- Woolpert, Stephen. 2010. Supreme Court Justices Need Political Savvy More than Lower Court Experience. Contra Costa Times, August 06.
- Woolpert, Stephen. 2009. HOW NOT TO FIGHT CLIMATE CHANGE. Contra Costa Times, December 26.
- Woolpert, Stephen. 2009. The Confirmation of Sotomayor: Judicial Myths and Political Realities. Contra Costa Times, July 14.
- Woolpert, Stephen. 2007. Sustainability in Higher Education: Engaging Students in Campus Environmental Audits. In Beyond the Global Village: Environmental Challenges Inspiring Global Citizenship, eds. Hillerbrand, Rafaela C and Karlsson, Rasmus, 203-211. Oxford: Inter-Disciplinary Press.
- Woolpert, Stephen. "Greening America's Sacred Ground: Eco-spirituality and Environmental Politics." Taking Religious Pluralism Seriously. Eds. McGraw, Barbara A. and Formicola, Jo Renee Waco, TX: Baylor University Press, 2005. 87-102
- Woolpert, Stephen, Slaton, Christa and Schwerin, Ed. 1998. Transformational Politics: Theory, Study, and Practice, SUNY Press
- Restitution. KQED Perspectives. (August 03, 2011)
School of Liberal Arts Dean Steve Woolpert recorded "Restitution," a commentary about California's overcrowded prisons
Television news interview
- U.S Circuit Court strikes down Proposition 8. CBS-5 Sunday morning news program. (February 13, 2012)
CBS-5/KPIX-TV interviewed Steve Woolpert, Dean of the School of Liberal Arts, about the likelihood of the U.S. Supreme Court reviewing the recent decision by the 9th Circuit Court that declared California's gay-marriage ban unconstitutional.