Economics Faculty Here For You.
- Ph.D. Economics, Stanford University, Palo Alto, California, 1974
Dissertation Title: An Economic Evaluation of California's Probation Subsidy Program
- M.A. Economics, Stanford University, Palo Alto, California, 1972
- B.A. (With Distinction and Honors) Economics, Stanford University, Palo Alto, California, 1965
- Saint Mary's College, Graduate Business Programs, School of Economics (1991 - 2012)
Reduced service beginning July 2011 as Professor, Graduate Business Programs, School of Economics and Business Administration, Saint Mary's College. Economics courses taught in the Executive, Regular, and International MBA programs, in the M.S. in Financial Analysis and Investment Management program and the EMBA program in Graz, Austria. Co-Director, Center for the Study of Fiduciary Capitalism, Saint Mary’s College Transamerica Professor of Business Policy and Strategy, School of Economics and Business Administration, Saint Mary's College.
- Citation of Excellence, Highest Quality Rating - ANABAR Electronic Intelligence (December 1998)
For “The Corporate Board of Directors as Philosopher Kings: the NACD Blue Ribbon Report on Director Professionalism” (with James Hawley), 1998
- First Prize in 1996 Monks Corporate Governance Essay Competition - Robert A.G. Monks (Lens, Inc.); Judge Institute of The University of Cambridge, UK (December 1996)
For "Corporate Governance in the United States: The Rise of Fiduciary Capitalism, A Review of the Literature" (with James Hawley).
- Officer Grant Recipient - Sloan Foundation of New York (September 2005)
To support a conference on Universal Ownership
- Officer Grant Recipient - Sloan Foundation of New York (May 1997)
To support research in corporate governance
- Williams, Andrew, Kamath, Shyam and Hawley, James. 2011. Corporate Governance Failures: The Role of Institutional Investors in the Global Financial Crisis, U of Penn Press
- Williams, Andrew, Hawley, James and Dickinson, Paul. June 2009. Corporate Initiatives on Climate Change, Climate Change Science and Policy, pg.., eds. and Schneider, Stephen and Rosencranz, Armin and Mastrandrea, Michael and Kuntz-Duriseti, Kristin, Island Press
- Williams, Andrew, Kamath, Shyam and Hawley, James. 2009. Sovereign Wealth and Pension Funds: Conceptualizing Implications for "Responsible Investment", Journal of Financial Economics Occasional, pg.., ed. ., ., .