In our continued commitment to your career advancement, we’ve partnered with the Career Center and CareerBeam, a virtual career success center that specializes in strategic career planning.
All Saint Mary’s College of California School of Economics & Business Administration (SEBA) alumni will now have access to their powerful virtual career center technology.
If you need your CareerBeam password resent, please email Rachel Wood.
CareerBeam took the best research databases and industry intelligence available today, embedded them within a comprehensive career management platform and allows students access to these otherwise cost-prohibitive resources. To give you an overview of just a few of the resources you can now leverage to engage in strategic career management, take a look at the following:
- Company database: Includes over 35M organizations in more than 180 countries; containing company overviews, key information and business intelligence. You’ll have access to 42M Company contacts, many with biographies and contact information, which is great for connecting with alumni.
- Research on demand: If you can’t find the company in the database, use the research-on-demand feature that allows you to request company-specific information from researchers who obtain the information and email it to you.
- Research on hundreds of Industries: Access to information such as recent developments, business challenges, trends and opportunities on over 700 industry segments - get current financial information and executive insights.
- Conversation starters: Leverage the "Conversation Starters" section in the Industry Database that provides a list of the most relevant topics and questions to discuss when networking with leadership within over 700 industry segments. Cover Letter Builder: Use the cover letter builder that creates a cover letter for you, allowing you to present your qualifications in the most powerful and articulate light.
- A-Z Career & Website index: Get immediate access to the career-related websites you seek in the E-Library with an A-Z index. This index boasts the latest on internet-based career resources.
In addition to the Career Beam, Saint Mary's Career Center is open to help all Alumni with career counseling and assesments, resume and cover letter development, and interview preperation.
Alumni receive free service from the Career Development Center during the first six months after graduation. Services are available for a nominal fee after the six months. The Career Development Center is located at Brother Urban Gregory Hall (BUG Hall) and is open Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and on Fridays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Please call (925) 631-4600 for more information.