See below for a list of supporting faculty members within the Communication Department.
- Ph.D. Communication Studies, University of Kansas , 2011
- M.A. Communication Studies, University of Kansas, 2007
- B.A. English, Tsuda College, 2005
- Assistant Professor - Saint Mary's College of California (July 01, 2011 - Present)
- Graduate Teaching Assistant - University of Kansas (August 2006 - July 2011)
- Hob Crockett Research Paper Award - Department of Communication Studies, University of Kansas (May 2010)
- E. C. Buehler Teaching Award - Department of Communication Studies, University of Kansas (May 2010)
- Graduate Student Research Competition Third Prize - Office of Graduate Studies, University of Kansas (March 2008)
- Assessment Grant - Office of Provost, Saint Mary's College of California (2014)
Co-Investigator: Ellen Rigsby
- Foudy Grant - Department of Communication, Saint Mary's College of California (2012)
- Speagle Project Fellowship - Center for Teaching Excellence, University of Kansas (August 2010)
Supervising Faculty: Jeffrey Hall
- Summer Research Grant - Graduate School, University of Kansas (June 2008)
- Sene and Louella Carlile Scholarship - Department of Communication Studies, University of Kansas (May 2010)
- Rotary Ambassadorial Scholarship - Rotary Foundation (August 2005)
- Imamura, M., & Zhang, Y. B. (2014). Functions of the common ingroup identity model and acculturation strategies in intercultural communication: American host nationals' communication with Chinese international students. International Journal of Intercultural Relations , Vol. x, xx.
- Imamura, M., & Zhang, Y. B. (2012). Cross-cultural comparison of collectivistic and individualistic values between China and the United States. In Dai, X. and Kulich, S. J.(Eds.), Identity and intercultural communication I: Theoretical and contextual construction (pp. 71-83). Shanghai, China: Shanghai Foreign Language Education Press.
- Imamura, M., Zhang, Y. B. & Shim, C. (2012). US host nationals' attitudes toward Japanese: The role of communication and relational solidarity in the intergroup contact hypothesis. Asian Journal of Communication, Vol. 22, 584-600.
- Imamura, M., Zhang, Y. B., & Harwood, J. (2011). Japanese sojourners' attitudes toward Americans: Exploring the influences of communication accommodation, linguistic competence, and relational solidarity in intergroup contact. Journal of Asian Pacific Communication, Vol. 21, 115-132.
- Taguchi, K., Zhang, Y. B., Allen, M., Ota, H., & Imamura, M. (2011). Japanese college students' media exposure to sexually explicit material, perceptions of women, and sexually permissive attitudes. Journal of Intercultural Communication Research, Vol. 40, 93-110.