Meet our faculty
Graduate Counseling Program
School of Education
Filippi Academic Hall - 263--Office hours arranged via e-mail
Mail: P.O. Box 4350
Suzy is on sabbatical until August of 2014. She will be engaging in research on school counseling issues, co-organizing the Northern California School Counselors Conference (at Stanford on April 26!), and assisting with the second annual conference of the Action Research Network of the Americas (ARNA) in Bethlehem, PA in May.
Courses Regularly Taught:
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse
- Group Theory & Practice
- Law, Ethics, and Values
- School Counseling Issues & Interventions
- School Counseling Practicum and Action Research Methods
- 2005 Article on peer consultation - This is a link to the first article I wrote about alumni peer consultation.
- Action Research Network of the Americas (ARNA) - This is a new, exciting, international group of educators engaged in collaborative action research in school and community sites. I am part of the founding group for ARNA, and am excited about this important development in the field of action research for social justice in educational and community settings.
- Announcement of book - This is a link announcing a new textbook in which I authored/co-authored two chapters
- Article on School Counselor Alumni Peer Consultation - This is the link to an article I co-authored on peer consultation groups at Saint Mary's College and three other sites.
- California Association of School Counselors
- Indian Institute of School Counseling, Psychology, and Guidance - I am on the Advisory Board for this organization
- Kathy Emery's website - Kathy Emery is a colleague who studies the history of education and school reform.
- Perceptions of School Counselors and Graduate Students in School Counseling - This is a link to a set of surveys that I designed for graduate students in school counseling, school counselors, and counselor educators. The surveys take about 10 minutes to complete--please consider filling out the surveys! Thank you!