Performance Management at Saint Mary's College has key objectives.
Performance management includes, but is much more than, the annual year-end review. The process promotes a shared responsibility between supervisors/managers and employees for performance planning and assessment, ongoing two-way communication throughout the year, and opportunities for professional growth and continuous learning.
Objectives are as follows:
- Provide a process for two-way discussions about job performance that includes communicating performance expectations and mutual goal setting and assessment between supervisor and employee;
- Align individual objectives or standards with department goals that are, in turn, aligned with organizational goals;
- Provide meaningful feedback on employee performance;
- Provide opportunities for learning and development; and
- Provide recognition for performance.