January Term Travel Scholarship
The January Term Travel Scholarship is an award of 75% of the course fee of a travel course of the applicant's choice.
- During a normal year, students can apply for this scholarship online beginning in August.
- A scholarship winner is unfortunately not guaranteed a spot in a course and must register through the same process and timeline as all other students.
In awarding scholarships, the January Term Program Committee considers:
- Preference is given to seniors before juniors, etc. (status is based upon the number of completed units at the time of applying)
- Eligibility for financial aid (FAFSA submitted)
- Greatest need
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- No previous experience studying abroad with January Term or Study Abroad
- Students who have previously received the January Term Travel Scholarship will not be considered for a subsequent scholarship.
Other important info:
- Scholarship applications must be submitted by stated deadline, no exceptions.
- At the time of application, students indicate their desired course. Students receive 75% of that course fee. If they register for a less expensive course, they receive 75% of that course fee. If they register for a more expensive course, they receive only 75% of the original course fee.
- Scholarship award winners place a standardized deposit of $500.
- Scholarship recipients must participate in a Jan Term travel course in order to receive the scholarship.
- Refunds will not be provided to Jan Term Travel Scholarship recipients for travel deviations.
Travel Scholarship Deadline
Thursday, September 14 -- 5:00 PM