Frequently Asked Questions
- Who should apply?
- What does “Hybrid” mean?
- Where are classes held? When are they?
- Is the GMAT required?
- Can I audit an accounting class?
- Does Saint Mary’s offer Scholarships or Financial Aid?
- Who should you contact to discuss which program fits you best?
Who should apply?
- Individuals working in the accounting field (public or private sectors) and want to boost and advance your careers
- Individuals planning to take CPA examination and need to meet the 150-hour educational requirement set by California law for CPA licensure
- Individuals planning to change your career path and getting into the sought-after accounting sectors
What does “Hybrid” mean?
The Hybrid format of the M.S. in Accounting Program means that curriculum is delivered about half of the time in a traditional classroom in Moraga and about half of the time through live web conferencing on two weeknights each week.
Where are classes held? When are they?
The M.S. in Accounting Program is offered in Moraga. In person classes meet on alternating Saturdays; and on Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday evenings students engage in an online interactive platform for two hours.
Is the GMAT Required?
Applicants with an undergraduate major or minor in accounting are not required to take the GMAT if their GPA is at least 2.8. If an applicant’s overall GPA is below 2.8, s/he must enroll into Spring Quarter. In addition, a GMAT score is required.
Applicants without a major/minor concentration in accounting must take and pass the Accounting Boot Camp. If an applicant’s overall GPA is 3.0 or better the GMAT is not required. Otherwise, a GMAT score is required.
Can I audit an accounting class?
Graduate Business alumni have the opportunity to audit classes for a nominal fee of $500. This is an important benefit to note for M.S. in Accounting alumni because it allows them the opportunity to revisit specific curriculum that can enhance their readiness for the CPA licensure or serve as a refresher for industry professionals.
Does Saint Mary’s offer Scholarships or Financial Aid?
Yes, we offer scholarships! Visit the scholarships page for details.
Financial Aid is also available. Graduate students are eligible for a variety of loans, including both subsidized and unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loans and the Graduate PLUS Loan. For more information, contact:
- Office of Financial Aid: (925) 631-4370
- Graduate Business Office: (925) 631-4888
Who should I contact to discuss which program fits me best?
Please contact an admissions advisor, at (925) 631-4888 or email [email protected].