Lasallians in Association for Justice
WHAT'S GOING ON?
The Mission and Ministry Center (MMC) and Catholic Institute for Lasallian Social Action (CILSA) invite you to a leadership for social justice and networking experience this fall!
The Ignatian Family Teach In for Justice is an annual conference that brings together thousands of university and high school students from across the country to learn about social justice issues, engage in advocacy and prayer. This year we will be attending the IFTJ conference virtually.
Be part of the SMC delegation joining the Lasallian Colleges and Universities Association for Justice. Together, we will make connections between what we learn at the IFTJ and how it informs our work on issues of justice as Lasallians. Further, the group of delegates from across the nation will take what we learn at the conference and put it into action.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
Current SMC students who are interested in racial justice, migration justice and/or environmental justice, and spirituality. You do not need to be Catholic or orient around any particular religious tradition to participate. We only ask that you have an openness to learn about how social justice is integral to the Lasallian Catholic mission and spirituality.
PARTICIPANTS WILL GAIN and/or DEVELOP:
- A deeper understanding of what justice is and ways of building it
- An amplified sense of personal purpose rooted in Lasallian and personal values
- Connections and networks on a national level
- Skills for social change: structural analysis, story telling, advocacy, strategic action
- Access to incredible speakers
- Connections and networks with other Lasallian college students from around the country
- Enhanced leadership skills, come to a deeper understanding of social issues like racial justice, migration justice and environmental justice
FALL TIME COMMITMENT (2020):
- Sat 10/17 (12:30-2:30PM ) | Introduction & Getting Started Meeting (Lasallian collective-with the other delegates from universities and colleges across the country)
- Thurs., 10/22 (7pm-8:30pm) | SMC Delegate Preparation
- Saturday & Sunday 10/24 and 10/25 | participate in virtual Ignatian Family Teach In for Justice (IFTJ) (https://ignatiansolidarity.net/iftj/)
- Thurs., 10/29 (7pm-8:30pm) | SMC Delegates Debrief
- Saturday 10/31 (10am-2PM PST) | Lasallian collective debrief and action planning
SPRING TIME COMMITMENT (2021):
- Two or more students will be selected to continue in paid leadership opportunities.