Our Commitment to Privacy
- While using our website, we will only collect your personal information (such as your name, address, email or phone number) if you provide it voluntarily. If you do not want this information to be collected by us, please do not submit it. We will not retain your personal information longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it is collected or as otherwise indicated on the page or form on which it is collected. Additional details about the use of information that you submit on forms can be obtained from the office or department that has provided the specific form.
- Web servers typically collect, at least temporarily, the following information: Internet Protocol (IP) address of computer being used; web pages requested; referring web page; browser used; date and time. Saint Mary’s may collect statistics identifying particular IP addresses from which our websites are accessed, but does not use such methods to attempt to obtain any personally identifying information.
Use of Collected Information
- Saint Mary’s may use personal information collected online for the purpose of future communication, in order to keep you informed of such activities as programs and/or special events, but only if you are provided the opportunity to opt out of such communications.
- Saint Mary’s may use browser-IP-address information to report information about site access. This information is used to improve the user experience of our site, but may also used for troubleshooting purposes.
- Some Saint Mary’s sites may use "cookies" in order to deliver web content specific to individual users’. Personally indentifying information is not stored within cookies.
Distribution of Collected Information
- Saint Mary’s will not disclose, without your consent, personal information collected about you, except for certain explicit circumstances in which disclosure is required by law.
Access to Own Information
- Questions regarding users’ rights to review, modify or delete their previously provided personal information should be directed to the office or department to which they provided the information.
Responsibility for External Sites
- Some parts of the Saint Mary’s web site are maintained or operated by third parties to which Saint Mary’s has specifically outsourced such maintenance and operation for the delivery of enhanced services (For example the athletic information site “smcgaels.com”). You should review the privacy policies of such third parties by visiting the links included within those areas of the Saint Mary’s web site, as their policies may differ from this policy and they may use information consistent with their own policies.
- Saint Mary’s website is not intended for children under the age of 13 and there are no areas specifically set aside for children under age 13. Nonetheless, we recognize that the Saint Mary’s website may be of general interest to all audiences and we therefore encourage parents to assist their children if they intend to explore our website. With respect to information about summer camps and summer programs, the information provided is intended for parents and legal guardians of potentially eligible campers and program participants. Saint Mary’s requests that any forms or other submissions made in response to such programs be completed by a parent or legal guardian and not the child. If it appears that a form was not completed by an adult or if we otherwise learn that a child under age 13 has provided personally identifiable information to our sites, the form will not be used and we will promptly remove the information from our files.
How to Contact Us
Office of College Communications
P.O. Box 5165
Moraga, CA 94575-5165
Phone: (925) 631-4278