History and tradition are hallmarks of Saint Mary’s College. Guided by the Brothers’ belief in the transformative power of education, generations of students have benefited from this exceptional approach to learning and strong spiritual grounding.
Today’s students have much in common with those who first arrived in 1863. They need to develop critical minds, synthesize hypotheses and acquire the skills and knowledge that will prepare them for life after Saint Mary’s. They need to understand the complexity of human civilization, enduring values and why higher principles still matter. As a Catholic institution, we affirm the moral obligation to care for God’s creation.
Your annual leadership gift of $1,863 or more will help ensure that present and future Gaels benefit from this exceptional personal and spiritual journey.
Together and by Association: Setting an Example
Our leadership donors share a common dedication to Saint Mary’s. These alumni, parents and friends set an example for the entire Saint Mary’s family by their commitment to the future of the institution. Their annual gifts provide necessary funds that enable the College to seize new opportunities and address the most pressing needs. Together and by association, our collective energy makes us unstoppable.
Did you know?
- Leadership donors are responsible for 50 percent of all annual dollars raised by the College and a majority of the dollars that fund capital projects and grow the endowment.
- Most of our undergraduates (85 percent this year) rely on financial aid to help them pay their tuition. Annual scholarships make the difference between what a student can afford to pay in tuition and what it costs to receive this transformative Saint Mary's education.
- All charitable gifts made during the fiscal year count toward leadership giving recognition, including outright gifts, corporate matching gifts, pledges, sponsorships, and other gifts-in-kind. All gifts in these categories to any Saint Mary's fund, school, or program apply.
- Your gift is tax-deductible, and your employer may double or even triple your donation if you or your spouse is employed by a matching gift company.
- The Saint Mary's College annual report lists all donors to the President's Circle and 1863 Society, inspiring the greater Saint Mary's College community to give back.
For more information about making a leadership gift, please contact the Advancement Office at (925) 631-4509 or [email protected].