Teaching Leadership, MA Admissions
30 units total
Level I: Foundational Coursework (12 units)
The foundational coursework is designed for teachers who are participating in an induction program. If you are a Novice Teacher, you will complete the four Level I courses by May of the application year.
If you are an Experienced Teacher with 5 or more years experience, you may challenge Level I coursework by writing a paper about your experience relative to the California Standards of the Teaching Profession (CSTP).
- EDTL 600 (3 units) Developing Teaching and Learning Practices
- EDTL 610 (3 units) Connecting Teaching and Learning Practices
- EDTL 700 (3 units) Exploring Teaching and Learning Leadership
- EDTL 710 (3 units) Investigating Reflective Learning
Level II: Advanced Coursework (18 units)
- EDTL 811 (3 units) Teaching Leadership: Theory to Practice
- EDUC 575 (3 units) Introduction to Action Research
- EDUC 576 (3 units) Research Framework and Design
- EDUC 577 (3 units) Data Collection and Analysis
- EDTL 841 (3 units) Teaching Leadership to Transform School Culture
- EDUC 578 (3 units) Synthesis for Teaching Leadership