Once a technology policy has been reviewed by one of the Technology Planning and Policy committees (or by an appointed committee or task force), the CTO will request review and approval by the President's Cabinet such that the proposed policy can become College policy. For convenience, policies are linked below, or included as PDFs where most apporpriate..
You can also find the Saint Mary's College of California Information Technology Use Policy (last updated and approved by the Cabinet in May 2016) in the Student Handbook, the Faculty Handbook and the Staff Handbook.
The files below include:
- The Saint Mary's College of California IT Security policy, which was approved by the Cabinet in June 2014.
- The Saint Mary's College of California itemized procedure for compliance with the US Federal Higher Education Opportunity Act, which was reviewed and approved by the Cabinet in December 2014.
These links are PDF files, and thus require that you use the back button on your browser to return to this page.
- Saint Mary's College of California IT Security Policy (PDF)
- Higher Education Opportunity Act compliance measures at SMC (PDF)
- Saint Mary's College of California Technology Use Policy (PDF)
- General IT Policies (PDF)
- Technology Use Policy - Bring Your Own Device Policy (PDF)
- Technology Use Policy - Mobile Use Policy (PDF)
- Technology Use Policy - Password Policy (PDF)
- Technology Use Policy - Web & Blog Policy (PDF)