MA in Kinesiology - Admissions Requirements
Join a Winning Team
Enter to Learn, Leave to Serve
Saint Mary's MA in Kinesiology currently offers concentrations in Sports Management and Fitness Management—in 2024, we're excited to introduce our brand new Sport Coaching concentration (more details coming soon!).
Students can customize their program and have the flexibility to complete their degree in 14-26 months. Class sessions are scheduled on weekday evenings from 6-9pm and are held in-person on Saint Mary's campus.
Our applications for Spring 2024 and Fall 2024 are officially open. Apply now using the following button and see more information about all of our deadlines and application requirements below!
A Passion for Kinesiology Required
Students with a Bachelor's degree in any major are encouraged to apply as we believe that the field of kinesiology is wide-ranging and involves many different disciplines. We only ask that students demonstrate personal, educational, and professional aspirations in the fields of kinesiology, sports, and fitness.
- Spring 2024 Deadline: Friday, December 15th, 2023
- Fall 2024 Priority Deadline: Friday, April 19th, 2024
- Fall 2024 General Deadline: Friday, June 28th, 2024
- Official Transcripts: Unofficial transcripts can be uploaded for initial application review but all applicants must submit official transcripts for all higher education institutions if accepted into the program. Official digital transcripts can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: Current SMC students and alumni will not have to submit official transcripts.
- GPA Exemption Petition: If your undergraduate GPA is below 2.8, please submit a statement that includes relevant information about past academic or personal circumstances and evidence of your ability to succeed in a graduate program.
- Personal Statement: Applicants are asked to provide a 2-3 page, double-spaced document addressing their goals, how they're prepared to achieve success in a graduate kinesiology program, and how they can contribute to the program and the wider Saint Mary's community.
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation: We require two recommendation letters from people familiar with the applicant’s ability to be successful in the classroom and pursue graduate-level work. At least one of the letters should reference your potential for professional growth in the field of kinesiology and the contributions you would bring to the program.
- Current Resume/CV: Please be sure to include your educational background and any work experience in Kinesiology or a related field.
- Non-Refundable Application Fee ($50)
- Please note that the MA in Kinesiology program does not require applicants to submit Graduate Records Examination (GRE) scores.
Saint Mary’s MA in Kinesiology deeply values the intellectual and cultural diversity that International students bring to the classroom. As such, we strongly encourage International students to apply to our program.
Due to the federal requirements involved in providing our International students with educational visas, International applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their application materials as quickly as possible. International applicants will also be required to submit additional documents with their application. Please refer to Saint Mary's International Graduate Admissions page for more information.
A Small Program With a Personal Touch
Interested in talking more with our faculty and staff about your career goals and whether Saint Mary's program is a good fit for you? We're happy to meet one-on-one through Zoom to give you a personal consultation about our MA in Kinesiology. Contact us using the button below to schedule your meeting today!