MSTE Admissions & Aid
To view a list of program application deadlines, click here.
Step One: Review Application Requirements and Gather Application Materials
Successful applicants will have met the following criteria:
- Application and fee
- A baccalaureate degree in any major from a regionally accredited institution of higher education
- Verification of Basic Skills Requirement approved by the Commission on Teacher Credentialing**
- Subject Matter Competency Requirement can be met with proof of registration and subsequent passing of the California Subject Examinations for Teachers (CSET) Multiple Subject subtests I, II, and III.
- One official copy of transcripts from all colleges or universities attended.
- Statement of professional goals and resume included with your application
- Three current letters of recommendation from professionals who can evaluate your potential to be a teacher
- Evidence of health insurance or a signed waiver
- Results of a tuberculosis test (within the last two years)
**Prior to program start all applicants must have a Certificate of Clearance (or the equivalent) issued by the Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC), or an application pending, before being admitted to the program.
Foreign transcripts and International students:
Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees, and other relevant documents by one of the approved CTC organizations for admittance into the program. International students have additional admission requirements.
Step Two: Submit your Application
The Multiple Subject Preliminary Teaching Credential has a Summer start term. Applications are accepted year-round however priority deadlines must be met to be considered for admission scholarships.
Step Three: What to Expect after Acceptance to the Multiple Subject Preliminary Teaching Credential
- Receive your admissions letter
- Accept your offer and pay your deposit
- Receive your Saint Mary’s account and activate it with your password
- Begin your classes!
Benefits, Tuition, and Fees
Please refer to our section on financial aid.
|Application fee||$50 (non-refundable)|
|Tuition||$38,340 (36 units, $1,065/unit)|
|Tuition deposit||$250 (non-refundable)|