MSTE Career Options
After earning a Multiple Subject Teaching Preliminary Credential, you will be qualified to teach all subjects in a self-contained classroom, such as the classrooms in most elementary schools, K–12, or in classes organized primarily for adults. In addition, the holder of a Multiple Subject Teaching Credential may serve in a core or team teaching setting.
Career options include:
- Teaching in a public, private, charter, or parochial school
- Teaching in your own self-contained classroom
- Teaching as part of a team
- Teaching core subjects in a middle school (at least two subjects; for example, English/social studies or mathematics/science)
- Teaching courses primarily organized for adults
Excellent record of job placements
Our students who complete their teaching credentials at the Kalmanovitz School of Education have an excellent history of finding teaching positions.
With California facing teacher shortages, you will be in demand after earning a Multiple Subject Teaching Preliminary Credential.