The Board has nine regular members:
- Two members from the School of Science – both from Psychology
- Two members from the School of Education - one from Special Education and one from Leadership
- Two member from the School of Liberal Arts- one from Communication and one from Kinesiology
- One member from the School of Economics and Business Adminstration- Accounting
- One member external to SMC
- One ex-officio member, the Director of Institutional Research.
The Review Process:
- The process begins by the researcher submitting all of the data needed to make a responsible judgment about a research project;
- the members of the Board then examine the data through the multiple perspectives of several Board members, and in this process, identify any changes or additions needed to satisfy the review criteria;
- and, when all of the required data are in hand, the Board reaches a consensual decision that the data demonstrate that risks of harm are minimal or the benefits promised by the research clearly outweigh the risks.
IRB office hours - Fall 2016: