Communication: Media Maker Concentration, BA
We designed the Media Maker Track for students eager to make an impact in our increasingly mediated age. As the name suggests, our program will prepare you to create engaging, irresistible works of media. Whether you’re interested in print, visual, advertising, video and audio production, digital and social media, or all of the above, our faculty is committed to equipping you to reach your unique goals. Beginning with the fundamentals of media creation, you’ll learn to analyze media in various contexts, assess its potency, and start to grow your portfolio of work.
You will leave this major well-qualified for a career in our ever-growing media landscape.
By the time they graduate, students should be able to:
- Describe the communication discipline and its central questions;
- Employ communication theories, perspectives, principles, and concepts;
- Engage in communication inquiry;
- Create messages appropriate to the audience, purpose, and context;
- Critically analyze messages;
- Demonstrate the ability to accomplish communicative goals (self-efficacy);
- Apply ethical communication principles and practices;
- Utilize communication to embrace difference;
Influence public discourse.
Saint Mary's Testimonials
“Saint Mary’s played a huge part in my journey of developing my business. I went into Saint Mary’s as a transfer student from Los Medanos College and majored in Communication, knowing thatI wanted to develop the skill sets needed to be a business owner. I also knew that if I could be a great communicator, I could be a great leader and if I were a great leader, I could run my own business."
Emmy Winner, Carlos Torres ’16
Western Regional Universities - U.S. News & World Report: Best Colleges, 2023