Communication: Strategist Concentration, BA
Countless messages, ideas, and perspectives are being transmitted to us every moment of every day. But what sticks? And why?
This Communication program is for students interested in exploring and mastering effective communication, be it interpersonal, professional, or intercultural. In addition to studying the fundamentals of mediation and rhetoric, you’ll learn how to root your arguments in qualitative and quantitative data.
The culmination of your studies will be a capstone project that draws upon your four-year learning experience. You’ll employ research methods to make a scholarly contribution to the field of Communication.
By the time they graduate, students should be able to:
- Describe the communication discipline and its central questions;
- Employ communication theories, perspectives, principles, and concepts;
- Engage in communication inquiry;
- Create messages appropriate to the audience, purpose, and context;
- Critically analyze messages;
- Demonstrate the ability to accomplish communicative goals (self-efficacy);
- Apply ethical communication principles and practices;
- Utilize communication to embrace difference;
Influence public discourse.
Saint Mary's Testimonials
The Saint Mary’s Communication Department is the perfect example of what the College is capable of at its absolute best. With its broad range of diverse classes being taught by all manner of passionate and enthusiastic professors, it possesses the ability to properly mold students into being masters of their craft by giving them an array of tools and skills that are paramount in post-college interactions.
Mason Konrad, '22
The Princeton Review, 2023