Counseling, MA Program Details
We always have our students’ best interests in mind. That’s why we have created a class schedule that complements your busy life as a working professional.
All classes are held at the Saint Mary’s College of California campus in Moraga, in the evenings and on Saturdays. Students can take classes part-time or full-time—whatever works best for you.
What’s more, all incoming students are assigned an academic advisor to help guide you through the challenging, rewarding program.
Required core courses:
- COUN 500: Introduction to Counseling Research (1 unit)
- COUN 222: Personal and Professional Development of Counselors (3 units)
- COUN 230: Theories of Counseling (3 units)
- COUN 232: Career Counseling (3 units)*
- COUN 233: Law, Ethics, and Values (3 units)
- COUN 234: Human Sexuality (1 unit)*
- COUN 237: Alcohol & Substance Abuse (2 units)*
- COUN 240: Psychological Testing and Assessment (3 units)*
- COUN 248: Human Development and Family Relationships (3 units)
- COUN 520: Counseling Skills I (3 units)
- COUN 521: Counseling Skills II (3 units)
- COUN 522: Issues in Intercultural Counseling and Social Justice (3 units)
- COUN 523: Group Theory and Practice (3 units)
- EDUC 572: Research Seminar I (3 units)
- COUN 550: Counseling Master’s Project, Thesis, or Exam (3 units)*
Total core units: 40