What questions can we answer for you?
- How are the Professional MBA and the Executive MBA Programs different?
- Are your courses taught on a quarter or semester system?
- Is the GMAT required? If so, what are the minimum scores and GMAT averages?
- If English is my second language, do I need to take the TOEFL?
- What is the tuition?
- Does Saint Mary’s offer Scholarships or Financial Aid?
- Does Saint Mary's College hold information sessions about the graduate business programs?
- When is the application deadline?
- Who should you contact to discuss which program fits you best?
How are the Professional MBA and the Executive MBA Programs different? [back to top]
Admission requirements are different:
- Professional MBA applicants are required to take the GMAT and have Two years of work experience is required.
- Executive MBA (EMBA) applicants must have a minimum of five years of managerial experience. The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is not required for admission to the Executive MBA Program.
Class formats are different:
- Professional MBA students choose the classes they will take each quarter. All classes are held on the Moraga campus in the evenings or Saturdays. Students are graded using the traditional letter grade system.
- Executive MBA students take classes in a lock-step format, with the same classmates in each course for the duration of the program. EMBA students have a choice of campus locations and program formats. EMBA Program students receive honors, pass, or fail grades.
The Program Comparison Chart provides more information to help you choose the program that's best for you.
Are your courses taught on a quarter or semester system? [back to top]
The Graduate Business Programs are on a quarter system. Each quarter is 11 weeks.
Is the GMAT required? If so, what are the minimum scores and GMAT averages? [back to top]
The Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is required for the Professional MBA Program. The minimum GMAT score is 500 and we require the GRE equivalent. The average GMAT score is a 570.
If English is my second language, do I need to take the TOEFL? [back to top]
International applicants who studied in a non-English language at the undergraduate level are required to take the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language). We require a total minimum The TOEFL score of 550 Paper Based, 213 Computer Based, 79 - 80 New Internet Based. Please contact us if you would like more information.
What is the tuition? [back to top]
Due to the multiple formats that are offered, we would like to consult with you on the program that best fits your needs. Tuition varies by program & format. Please contact an admissions advisor at (925) 631-4888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financial Aid is also available. Graduate students are eligible for a variety of loans, including both subsidized and unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loans and the Graduate PLUS Loan. For more information, click here or contact:
- Office of Financial Aid: (925) 631-4370
- Graduate Business Office: (925) 631-4500
Does Saint Mary's College hold information sessions about the graduate business programs? [back to top]
Yes, we hold information sessions throughout the year in various locations. Click here for upcoming events.
When is the application deadline? [back to top]
The applications deadlines differ based on the program you are interested in. The Program Comparison Chart provides more information about programs and admissions decisions.