CAPS Emergency Resources
In the event of a mental health crisis:
- Call Campus Safety (if on campus)- (925) 631-4282
- Call the A3 Miles Hall Crisis Call Center at 844-844-5544. This line is staffed by a team of mental health professionals who triage calls and provide care over the phone or send a care team. They are available daily 8 am-12:30 am. Please call Campus Safety or 911 for incidents outside of those hours.
- Call 911 (if off campus) and follow their recommendations or go to your nearest emergency room.
- Call the Contra Costa Crisis Hotline at 211 or text HOPE to 20121
- Call or Text the National Suicide Prevention Life Line: 988
- Text the Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741 (if in California text “HOME” to 686868)
- Special keyword for students of color: Text STEVE to 741741
- Special keyword for Native/Indigenous students: Text BRAVE to 741741
- Call the Trevor Project (for LGBTQIA people): 1-866-488-7386. Click the link for chat options.