Admitted International Students
Next steps for admitted international students
Congratulations on being accepted to SMC! The first day of the Summer quarter is Jul 10, 2023 and the first day of the Autumn quarter is Sep 25, 2023.
You will receive an email with the Admitted Students' WhatsApp number. If you have not received this email, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once admitted, you must obtain an I-20 which will allow you to schedule a visa interview. Please check your email for detailed instructions on obtaining your I-20, or visit our Applying For an F-1 Visa page.
You are required to submit official transcripts (in a sealed envelope) by the end of the first term. You are encouraged to bring them with you to orientation if possible.
Required Health Forms (students living on-campus only)
Please visit the Health and Wellness Incoming Student Requirements for more information.
Health insurance is mandatory for all students. International students will automatically be enrolled in United Healthcare through Saint Mary’s. United Healthcare covers sickness and accidents only and does not provide dental or vision coverage.
Students with comparable insurance may opt out of the school-sponsored insurance.
You will receive an email from United Healthcare about what type of insurance is considered comparable and where to waive it.
You may find more information on health insurance here.
In order to secure your seat, you are required to make an admission deposit of $2,500 within 7 days of visa approval. You can make this payment by logging in to your application portal. The payment link is located on your checklist page. The admission deposit will be credited to your first tuition bill and is non-refundable.
Summer NSO Friday, Jun 30, 2023
Autumn NSO Friday, Sep 22, 2023
Registration link coming soon
Sign up for Free Airport Pickup & Temporary Housing
- SMC will offer affordable, temporary on-campus housing for one week for students who are interested.
- The primary international airport is San Francisco International Airport (SFO). Pickup will be provided between 9 am and 10 pm from SFO only. Airport pick-up is for students, not for dependents. If you arrive outside of these hours you can take a taxi/Uber/Lyft or the local metro, BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit)
- International Students may also fly into the following airports (Port of Entry): Oakland International Airport (OAK) and San José Mineta International Airport (SJC).
Summer start dates: Monday, July 10, 2023
Autumn start dates: Monday, September 25, 2023
- Sign up for free Airport Pickup
- Airport Pickup Service Information- details forthcoming
- Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART)
- If you choose to take public transportation, you can easily BART to campus by taking the Yellow, Antioch line, from SFO to Moraga or Lafayette station, then Lyft or Bus to campus
- Uber or Lyft to Campus
- Please download the app before your departure. This could cost you anywhere from $75-$150 depending on the time of day.
Graduate students are not required to live on campus, but can apply to live in the residence halls. Please see the Campus Housing page for more information on housing and cost.
If you choose to live off-campus, please check out our off-campus housing resources.