Frequently Asked Questions
- Professional MBA applicants are required to have two years of work experience. We do not require the GMAT or GRE if an applicants’ GPA is above a 3.0. We recommend speaking with a Saint Mary's Professional MBA Program Advisor to learn more.
- Executive MBA (EMBA) applicants must have a minimum of five years of managerial experience. The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is NOT required for admission to the Executive MBA Program.
- Professional MBA students choose the classes they will take each quarter. All classes are held on the Moraga campus in the evening or Saturdays. Students are graded using the traditional letter grade system.
- Executive MBA students take classes in a lock-step format in Moraga, with the same classmates in each course for the duration of the program. Grading for the Executive MBA program is on a letter grades scale.
Classes for the Executive MBA start in Autumn Quarter(September) and Winter Quarter(January).
The Graduate Business Programs are on a quarter system. Each quarter is 10 weeks.
Submission of GRE or GMAT scores are optional. Speak with your Saint Mary's Program Advisor if you have any additional questions.
Executive MBA classes take place on Saturday 8:00am – 5:00pm and Online classes Tuesday -Thursday. 7:00pm-9:00pm
Executive MBA students traditionally have more work experience than our other programs. Professional experience adds depth to class discussions through the sharing of work challenges, solutions and outcomes.
Professional work experience:
- Management experience, which may include managing people, projects, budgets, or leading teams.
- 8-10 years management work experience
- A bachelor’s degree in any academic field from a regionally-accredited institution.
- The Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) is NOT required.
- Online Graduate Application
- Non-refundable $50 Application Fee
- Personal Statement
- Official transcripts of colleges or universities with a degree conferred (electronic preferred)
- A resume of relevant business experience
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from individuals who can discuss the applicant's professional experience
- Review International Applicants website for additional documentation requirements
Application materials can be sent to:
Saint Mary’s College of California
Office of Admissions
1928 Saint Mary's Road
Moraga, CA 94575
Yes, the Executive MBA offers two concentrations: Business Analytics & Entrepreneurship.
The Saint Mary's Executive MBA program is not STEM Certified. However, Saint Mary's does offer Graduate Programs that are STEM Designated. Speak with a Program Advisor to learn more about our other STEM Designated programs.
The Executive MBA program is hybrid with in-person classes on Saturday and online classes during the week.
Tuition for the Executive MBA Program:2023-24 Academic Year: $80,125 total
Yes, we offer scholarships for all of our Graduate Programs.
Financial Aid is also available. Graduate students are eligible for a variety of loans, including both subsidized and unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loans and the Graduate PLUS Loan. To discuss what options may be available to you please contact:
- Office of Financial Aid: (925) 631-4370
- Graduate Business Office: (925) 631-4500