Professional MBA Frequently Asked Questions
- Professional MBA applicants are required to have two years of work experience. We do not require the GMAT or GRE if an applicants’ GPA is above a 3.0. We recommend speaking with a Saint Mary's Professional MBA Program Advisor to learn more.
- Executive MBA (EMBA) applicants must have a minimum of five years of managerial experience. The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is NOT required for admission to the Executive MBA Program.
- Professional MBA students choose the classes they will take each quarter. All classes are held on the Moraga campus in the evening or Saturdays. Students are graded using the traditional letter grade system.
- Executive MBA students take classes in a lock-step format in Moraga, with the same classmates in each course for the duration of the program. Grading for the Executive MBA program is on a letter grades scale.
Classes for the Professional MBA start in Spring (April) and Autumn (October).
The Graduate Business Programs are on a quarter system. Each quarter is 10 weeks.
Submission of GRE or GMAT scores are optional. Speak with your Saint Mary's Program Advisor if you have any additional questions.
12-months up to 5 years (non-cohort with flexible schedules and waiver considerations)
Professional MBA classes take place evenings from 6-10PM or Saturday morning from 8:30AM - 12:30PM
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent from an accredited College or University. Typically, applicants to our PMBA program have two to three years of full-time, professional work experience.
Yes, the Professional MBA offers five concentrations: Business Analytics, Entrepreneurship, Finance, International Management, and Marketing.
The Saint Mary's Professional MBA program is not STEM Certified. However, Saint Mary's does offer Graduate Programs that are STEM Designated. Speak with a Program Advisor to learn more about our other STEM Designated programs.
The Professional MBA program is in-person but designed for the working professional with evening and weekend classes. The PMBA has a flexible curriculum that provides you the freedom to earn your MBA from 12-months up to 5 years.
Due to the multiple formats that are offered, it's best to speak with a Program Advisor at (925) 631-4888 to discuss what program and format will fit your needs. You can always visit the Professional MBA Tuition page here.
Yes, we offer scholarships for all of our Graduate Programs.
Financial Aid is also available. Graduate students are eligible for a variety of loans, including both subsidized and unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loans and the Graduate PLUS Loan. To discuss what options may be available to you please contact:
- Office of Financial Aid: (925) 631-4370
- Graduate Business Office: (925) 631-4500