Performance Management Is Important
Performance management includes, but is much more than, the annual year-end review. The process promotes a shared responsibility between managers and employees for performance planning and assessment, two-way communication throughout the year, and engaging staff in opportunities for continuous learning.
Objectives are as follows:
- Clarify job expectations and performance standards
- Develop alignment between individual objectives and department and/or institutional goals;
- Provide meaningful feedback on employee performance;
- Provide opportunities for learning and professional development; and
- Provide recognition for accomplishments.