About the Facility
The JARC was created as a place to gather; great for exercising, socializing, and learning something new. The facility offers a NCAA certified swimming pool and hydro-spa, a state of the art climbing wall with new and challenging routes updated throughout the year, and three indoor courts with basketball, soccer, and volleyball amenities.
Cardio and strength training equipment, in addition to rooms for yoga, dance, fitness, and spin classes provide plenty of choices for our SMC community to enjoy. All students currently enrolled in SMC classes have access to the facility. Faculty/Staff and Affiliates are encouraged to explore their membership options.
- 60,000-square-foot recreation facility
- 13,800-square-foot fitness area with state-of-the-art equipment
- Double gymnasium and single gymnasium (basketball, volleyball, indoor soccer, and badminton)
- Functional Training room
- Group Exercise Room
- Spin Room
- Swimming Pool
- Hydrotherapy Spa
- Locker Rooms (designated locker rooms for staff and faculty)
- Climbing Wall
- Athletic Training for Club Athletics
Managed by Campus Recreation, Saint Mary's offers programs and services that promote positive physical and mental health. We offer fitness classes, intramural leagues, outdoor adventures, and special events to engage the students. Whether you stay active in the weight room or relax by the pool, the Joseph L. Alioto Recreation Center has something for every student.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 925-631-4949