How do I purchase a permit?
- Click here to visit our Parking Portal.
- Once you arrive at the landing page, click on “Login” at the top right of the screen.
- Under Permit options, click the green “Buy Permit” button on the left.
When will I receive my permit?
- Saint Mary’s College uses digital permits and validates permits using vehicle license plates. Your permit is active as soon as you complete your purchase. This means you will not receive a physical permit.
What lots are assigned to whom?
- Parking lots are designated for Visitors (V), Students (S), and Employees (E). Check our parking map to see what parking lots are available to you.
What are the hours of enforcement?
- Campus Safety enforces the Saint Mary’s College parking policies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Employee permits are enforced in Employee-only lots Monday through Friday from 06:00 AM to 06:00 PM.
- Student permits are enforced in all Student lots 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Visitor parking is enforced 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- There is no visitor parking allowed on campus between 10:00 PM and 07:00 AM.
What if I don't get a permit?
- Vehicles on campus without a permit will be cited.
- Vehicles on campus without a permit with two or more unpaid citations will be towed on the owner’s expense.
How do I report concerns about parking issues?
- Parking concerns can be addressed to email@example.com.
What are ticket costs?
- There are different costs for different violations. A complete list of parking citations and fines can be found here at the bottom of the page under “Fees & Fines.”
How do you pay for parking tickets?
- You can pay your citation by following the instructions on the back of your citation, or by clicking here.
How can I appeal a parking ticket?
- You can appeal your citation by following the instructions on the back of your citation, or by clicking here.