Tuition & Fees
School of Economics and Business Administration (Graduate Business Office)
Monthly Budget for Independent Students
|PER MONTH RATE|
*Books are estimated at $1,665 per academic year
Students can appeal to increase their Cost of Attendance in order to be considered for more loan eligibility or to cover an over-award of aid. The following items can be, based on documentation, considered:
- Transportation - if student drives a car and is requesting additional transportation allowance for tolls and mileage in excess of the standard budget to and from campus and/or employment (not purchase of car, insurance or car repairs).
- Medical Expenses not covered by insurance (e.g. check-ups, lab work, prescriptions, dental, optical therapy). documentation to include billing statement, cancelled checks or estimate from physician. Include documentation from insurance company of what is not covered.
- Computer Purchase and/or software up to the cost of item from the SMC Bookstore.
- Other costs to budget can include rent or home mortgage payments plus utilities based on mortgage statements, rent leases and bills not to exceed 20% of standard budget. Married students only account for half of housing costs.
- Books and Supplies would require and itemized list approved and signed by the faculty advisor.
The following expenses are not allowable for budget increases:
- Credit card payments
- Job interview expenses
- Educational Loan repayment
- Purchase/maintenance of car
- Additional allowance for food
- Discretionary (optional) medical or dental procedures