For Saint Mary's students in need, there is assistance on and off-campus for nutritional support.
Not many students realize that they may be eligible for a number of local, county, and federal nutritional resources. Below are a few links to explore for both SMC programs and off-campus resources.
On Campus Resources:
- Located at the back of the Soda Center
- Fall Hours of Operation: Monday/Wednesday 1:00-3:00pm, Tuesday/Thursday 6:00-8:00 pm
- Jan Term Hours (1/9 - 1/26): Monday 10:00am-12:00pm, Tuesdays 6pm-8pm, W 1-3pm, Th: 6-8pm
- Spring: TBD
- Also open by appointment (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Solidarity Supper
- Free meal once a month put on by the Mission and Ministry Center
- Located at the courtyard by the Mission and Ministry Center
- Dates for Spring 2022: March 1st, March 29th, April 26. All dates are from 5pm-6pm
- Legacy Garden
- Saint Mary’s half acre organic garden is located behind South Claeys residence hall.
- The garden grows a variety of fruits, vegetables, herbs and is home to thriving honey bees.
- Volunteer hours vary by semester - please check current hours posted at the entrance of the garden.
Off Campus Resources:
- Alameda County Community Food Bank
- Call our Helpline at 1-510-635-3663 or, visit FoodNow.net
- Hours of operation: Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Moraga Valley Presbyterian Church
- 10 Moraga Valley Lane, Rooms 201-202, on the lower courtyard
- Pantry on Wednesday evenings from 5-6:30pm
- Food Bank of Contra Costa & Solano
- 4010 Nelson Avenue, Concord, 925-676-7543
- Monday – Thursday: 7:00 am – 7:00 pm, Friday: 8:00 am – 3:00 pm, Saturday – Sunday: 8:00 am – 3:30 pm
- SF-Marin Food Bank
- SAN FRANCISCO
- 900 Pennsylvania Avenue
- San Francisco, CA 94107
- 2550 Kerner Boulevard
- San Rafael, CA 94901
- Temporary Pop- Up Pantries
- Monday-Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- SAN FRANCISCO
- Redwood Empire Food Bank
- 3990 Brickway Blvd., Santa Rosa, 707-523-7900
- Groceries to Go, Produce Pantry, Community Marketplace
- Monument Crisis Center
- Families and individuals can pick up 15-20 pounds of FREE fresh produce twice a month.
- 2nd & 4th Monday, 2:00-3:00pm
- 1990 Market St, Concord CA 94520
- NorthCreek Church
- 2303 Ygnacio Valley Road, Walnut Creek, CA US 94598
- We will be distributing food from our south parking lot every other Tuesday morning from 10:45 - 11:45am. Bags of food will already be prepared and our volunteers will place them in your trunk.