The Transfer Equivalency Portal is a database of pre-approved transfer courses. Additional schools and courses will be added continuously.
The Transfer Equivalency Portal database should be used as a guideline. Equivalencies are subject to change, are not guaranteed, and may count differently depending on a student’s degree program. Certain institutions and courses may not appear in our database. This does not mean that the courses will not transfer; only that they have not previously been presented for evaluation.
If you do not see your course in the transfer equivalency portal, please submit a Transfer Credit Approval form.
If your course is included in the transfer equivalency portal, DO NOT submit a Transfer Credit Approval form.
Click here to access the Transfer Equivalency Portal.
- All transferable courses must have a grade of C- or higher in order to receive Saint Mary’s College transfer credit.
- All transferable coursework meeting a specific degree requirement must transfer as .77 credits or higher with the exception of laboratory credit.
- Transfer courses completed at a California community college must be designated UC (University of California) transferable.
- Visit assist.org for the complete list of California community college UC (University of California) transferable courses.
- All community college courses will be awarded lower division transfer credit regardless of course content.
An official transcript is one sent directly from the institution of record to Saint Mary’s College of California in a sealed envelope or submitted electronically to Saint Mary’s College of California from the institution of record. A transcript issued to a student may be accepted if it is delivered in the official unopened and sealed envelope from the institution of record.
Transfer Credit Conversions
Transfer Credits Awarded from
|Credits from Outside School||1.00 3.00 4.00 5.00|
|Saint Mary's Course Credits||.30 .90 1.20 1.50|
|Transfer Credits Awarded from
Quarter System Schools
|Credits from Outside School||1.00 4.00 5.00 6.00|
|Saint Mary's Course Credits||.20 .80 1.00 1.20|