The Transfer Equivalency Portal is a database of pre-approved transfer courses. Additional schools and courses will be added continuously.
The Transfer Equivalency Portal database should be used as a guideline. Equivalencies are subject to change, are not guaranteed, and may count differently depending on a student’s degree program. Certain institutions and courses may not appear in our database. This does not mean that the courses will not transfer; only that they have not previously been presented for evaluation.
If you do not see your course in the transfer equivalency portal, please submit a Transfer Credit Approval form.
If your course is included in the transfer equivalency portal, DO NOT submit a Transfer Credit Approval form.
- All transferable courses must have a grade of C- or higher in order to receive Saint Mary’s College transfer credit.
- All transferable coursework meeting a specific degree requirement must transfer as .77 credits or higher with the exception of laboratory credit.
- Transfer courses completed at a California community college must be designated UC (University of California) transferable.
- Visit assist.org for the complete list of California community college UC (University of California) transferable courses.
- All community college courses will be awarded lower division transfer credit regardless of course content.
- An official transcript is one sent directly from the institution of record to Saint Mary’s College of California in a sealed envelope or submitted electronically to Saint Mary’s College of California from the institution of record. A transcript issued to a student may be accepted if it is delivered in the official unopened and sealed envelope from the institution of record.
Transfer Credit Conversions
Transfer Credits Awarded from
|Credits from Outside School||1.00 3.00 4.00 5.00|
|Saint Mary's Course Credits||1.00 3.00 4.00 5.00|
|Transfer Credits Awarded from
Quarter System Schools
|Credits from Outside School||1.00 2.00 3.00 4.00 5.00 6.00|
|Saint Mary's Course Credits||.67 1.33 2.00 2.67 3.33 4.00|