Teachers for Tomorrow
Teachers for Tomorrow (TFT)
Earn your degree and teaching credential as an undergraduate!
The Justice, Community and Leadership (JCL) undergraduate major offers three teacher education concentrations: Education Specialist, Multiple Subject, and Single Subject. This interdisciplinary program stresses critical inquiry, leadership, global perspectives, social and environmental stewardship, and self-assessment. It prepares students to be leaders within and outside of the classroom to address the critical educational challenges of our times.
4-year Education Concentrations
Multiple Subject Teacher Education (MSTE)
Students earn their JCL Bachelor of Arts and a preliminary Multiple Subject Teaching Credential to work in K-8 classrooms.
Education Specialist Teacher Education (SPED)
Students earn their JCL Bachelor of Art and a preliminary Education Specialist Teaching Credential for K-12 students with mild-to-moderate disabilities.
4+1 Education Concentration
Single Subject Teacher Education Minor (SS4+1)
Students earn their Bachelor of Arts or Science in the subject they wish to teach, and a preliminary Single Subject Teaching Credential in their fifth year to work in middle- and high-school classrooms.
- Integrated curriculum: teacher preparation courses taught along with liberal arts courses
- Early classroom experiences
- Opportunity to take the program as a cohort with the same advisors and the same in-school experiences
- Ongoing support from field-based supervisors and professors
- Student teacher placements in culturally and socioeconomically, diverse settings
- Each year involves community engagement and courses that are partnered with community agencies and public schools
- Dedication to culturally relevant teaching, restorative justice, and community cultural wealth