Integrated Teacher Education Concentrations for Transfer Students
Through this unique program, students earn their bachelor’s degree and a Special Education or Multiple Subject Preliminary Teaching Credential in their undergraduate years.
With a major in Justice, Community and Leadership, Teachers for Tomorrow students will:
- Be part of a cohort model
- Have classroom experience every year
- Graduate with a BA in Justice Community and Leadership AND a Special Education K-12 or Multiple Subject Preliminary Teaching Credential
- Receive post-graduation advisement from Kalmanovitz School of Education alumni as well as urban special educators
Transfer Student Benefits
- Following the community college’s JCL and Early Childhood Education articulation agreement, students can join Saint Mary’s JCL Teacher for Tomorrow program for their final two years
- A transfer student friendly environment aimed at creating a smooth transition to SMC life
- Post-graduation advisement from Kalmanovitz School of Education alumni as well as urban special educators
- Through a grant from the State of California, Saint Mary’s is working with neighboring community colleges to advise students who are interested in joining our Integrated Teacher Education Concentrations
For more information about the program, including admissions requirements, please complete the "Learn More" form today.
Questions about financial aid? Start here.
Updated: September 2017