Welcome to Educational Technology (EdTech)
“Discover, Share, And Be Inspired”
Our mission is to develop new and innovative ways to promote learning using educational technology by collaborating with faculty and leadership.
Use the EdTech site menu to access trainings, resources, and other materials to enhance the use of instructional technologies in your teaching. Below, find a few highlighted items.
EdTech Important Action Items:
- August 27, 2023 is Moodle’s LAST DAY of being SMC’s learning management system.
- On August 28, 2023, Canvas will go LIVE for faculty, staff and students and will be SMC’s new learning management system.
- On August 28, 2023, Students will NO LONGER have access to the Moodle icon and system.
- From August 28, 2023 until May 29, 2024, Faculty and Staff will have access to the Moodle icon and system via their MySMC portal’s “All Apps” page, but will not be able to actively use Moodle for their courses. The purpose of Moodle remaining available is to give Faculty and Staff ample time to access previous content, download and save files, and do full back-ups of past Moodle courses.
- On May 30, 2024, Faculty and Staff will NO LONGER have access to the Moodle icon and system.
SMC will be transitioning from Echo360 to Canvas Studio as the new supported video platform. Canvas Studio is a great communication tool that allows instructors and students to actively collaborate through video and audio media and integrates seamlessly with Canvas.
IMPORTANT: If you use or have used Echo360, to save the media files you have created, you will need to download your Echo360 media. Once you have downloaded your media files, they can be uploaded to Canvas Studio. Echo360 will be available until June 30, 2023. After this date, faculty will no longer have access to Echo360. All Echo360 media will need to be downloaded by June 30th.
- To download your media from Echo360 follow these instructions.
- Canvas Studio workshops will be starting after Easter Recess.
* More details about the Transition from Moodle to Canvas can be found on the Canvas FAQs page.
Location: Online Zoom meeting
Phone: (925) 631-4266
Online: ITS Portal