Health Insurance Requirement
Student Health Insurance Requirement Information:
Good health is essential to academic success and unexpected medical bills can threaten your ability to complete your education should you be uninsured or have inadequate coverage.
- In an effort to ensure students’ physical and financial health, Saint Mary’s College of California requires All Full-Time Domestic Undergraduate students and all registered International Graduate students to show proof of health insurance coverage.
Details about the Saint Mary's College Student Health Insurance Plan can be found here.
Waiving the Health Insurance:
- Students are automatically enrolled in the Saint Mary's College Student Health Insurance Plan (SMC-SHIP) each year and must waive the insurance if they have comparable insurance.
JAN TERM/SPRING 2024 Waiver link is available. To Enroll or WAIVE go to: https//studentcenter.uhcsr.com/stmarys-ca(If you have specific questions regarding United SHIP insurance benefits, please contact the Claims/Benefits Customer Service Department at 1-800-505-4160)or you can direct questions to their Customer Service email at email@example.com
- For incoming SPRING 2024 students, the Waiver is due by February 1, 2024.
- If a student does not waive by the deadline, they are responsible for the annual fees.
- Please see these FAQ's for additional information
The waiver process is not managed by the Student Health Center. For questions about the waiver, or the health insurance, please see the resources below:
If you need assistance with the enrollment or waiver process, please call 1-800-505-4160 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have specific questions regarding benefits, please contact the Claims/Benefits customer service department at 1-800-505-4160
Many helpful videos about the waiver/enroll process, or about the plan, in general, can be found here