Health & Safety Room Inspections
Resident Advisors will conduct health and safety room/building inspections upon residential move out prior to Christmas Break.
During your inspection RA's will be looking for things like:
- Condition of the walls and floors (signs of moisture)
- Violations of the Student Handbook (i.e. candles, evidence of pets, illegal appliances, etc.)
- Problems with plumbing
- Broken blinds
- Problematic windows
- Fire hazards (i.e. blocked doors and windows, electrical plug overloads)
- Operation of all major appliances (College provided refrigerators, microwaves, stove, oven, heating and air)
In order to prepare your room for inspection, please do the following:
- Empty and take out all trash
- Move furniture away from walls to provide accessibility to walls, baseboards, and windows
- Make sure vents and doors are not blocked
- Allow visibility of ceiling, walls, outlets, bathroom and floors during inspection
Doing these things will help make your inspection as quick and efficient as possible. If you have noticed any problems with the condition of the room, you should submit a Work Order before your inspection time and inform your RA during the inspection.