Direct Deposit at SMC
Saint Mary's encourages employees to enroll in direct deposit. Benefits of doing so include:
- timely delivery of payroll funds
- eco-friendly, reduced use of paper
- convenient, no need to deposit a check yourself!
Please note: direct deposit for payroll funds and "eReimbursement" for AP are two separate things.
Changing Direct Deposit in GaelXpress 2.0
To update to your current Direct Deposit for Payroll and/or AP (Refunds & Reimbursements), you will need to access your "Banking Information" link in GaelXpress 2.0.
If you need to, you can refer to our step-by-step instructions here (must be logged in to your SMC account):
Instructions for Banking Information
Paper Form Method ONLY if Unable to Use GaelXpress 2.0 (must be submitted in-person only):
Download the "Direct Deposit Form" below
Direct Deposit Form (must be logged into SMC account)
Follow instructions on the form to complete.
Sign and return completed form to Payroll or Human Resources IN PERSON. Please have a form of Photo ID with you so we are able to verify your identity when submitting the form. DO NOT EMAIL YOUR FORM TO US.
Those working remotely will need to change or submit the online form via GaelXpress 2.0 Banking Information (instructions above)
For the "amount" field, we are unable to support percentage-based allocation of funds. If you want to deposit to multiple accounts you must select a dollar amount for at least one of the accounts.
The best place to find a bank's routing number and your account number is from a personal check tied to the account, otherwise contact your financial institution:
Employee wants $200 of their paycheck deposited to Account#1 and the rest deposited to Account#2:
"Remainder of Net Pay Check"
Employee earns a net of $450, result:
$200 is deposited to Account#1
$250 is deposited to Account#2
Next period, employee earns only net $150, result:
$150 is deposited to Account#1
$0 is deposited to Account#2
Things to know:
- most types of accounts that accept external ACH transfers are compatible
- double-check the info on any form submitted
- if a deposit is rejected/returned, a paper replacement check will be issued through Accounts Payable
- this can take 3-7 business days depending on how long it takes for Payroll to receive notification of the rejection/return, and for Accounts Payable to issue the replacement
- Payroll will email you with additional details, and to coordinate pickup of the replacement
- if you are unsure of your routing or account number, please contact your financial institution