Earnings Statements & W-2s
Earnings Statements distribution
On each payday, you will be able to view your latest Earnings Statement in GaelXpress 2.0 as well as prior statements.
Link to GaelXpress 2.0: https://selfservice.stmarys-ca.edu/Student
Link to Bi-Weekly Payroll Schedule
GaelXpress 1.0 Pay Stub version is still currently available but will be discontinued at some point in the future:
Direct deposit: funds are available on payday.
To sign up for direct deposit, please read: Direct Deposit at SMC.
Paper Paychecks: Employees that have not enrolled in direct deposit will have their paychecks mailed via USPS to the address on their employee or student record the day before payday.
Form W-2 information
- Forms W-2 are furnished to employees no later than February 1st.
- Electronic Forms W-2 are available on GaelXpress 2.0 on the Tax Information page to employees that have provided their consent (see Electronic W-2 consent below).
- Paper Forms W-2 are mailed no later than February 1st to the address on the employee's record.
- Employees who terminated employment with SMC prior to when W-2 are distributed will have Forms W-2 mailed to their address on file regardless of prior electronic consent.
The Payroll Office will provide replacement copies of lost/damaged/missing Forms W-2 to current & former employees upon request. Replacements will be mailed to the address on the employee's record.
- If your address has changed, first update your address
- Once your new address is in our system, please contact Payroll to request that we send your W-2 to the new address, or to arrange in-person pickup.
- Payroll is not able to send W-2s via email
Electronic W-2 consent
Federal regulations require that employees give their consent to receive Form W-2 in an electronic format. Consent cannot be provided retroactively, however it will carry forward to future years unless withdrawn.
The W-2 electronic consent can be provided in the Tax Information page, located on GaelXpress 2.0: