New-Hire Paperwork (Student Employees)

New-Hire Paperwork (Student Employees)

Received a job offer? Before you can begin working, it is IMPERITIVE that you complete the Student Employment Packet.


International Students: Contact the Center for International Programs (CIP) Office before completing paperwork. They will provide guidance in navigating the additional steps/requirements for students that are not US-residents or citizens.  If you do not have a US Social Security Number, the application is an essential step before beginning any work.  The CIP Office can assist you with this process.

Student Employment Packet

View the Payroll Forms - Student Employment Packet

(must be logged in with SMC account to access)


This packet contains:


A fictitious check that displays the location of the routing and account number.A fictitious check that displays the location of the routing and account number.


Where do I submit these forms?

Your completed forms will need to be submitted to the Human Resources (HR) office either via email ( or in person.

If you email your forms, you are still required to go to Human Resources Office in-person to show your original, unexpired verification documents as required by Form I-9 (no photocopies/scans).  Your paperwork is not complete until this is done.  Human Resources is located on the Garden (lower) Level of Filippi Hall

You may need to make an appointment for the HR in-person verification of your I-9 documents.  Please email or call HR Office to confirm.

Main: (925) 631-4212


More info:


What's next?

Once all your paperwork and the "New Hire Form" from your hiring supervisor have been completed and received by Payroll, you will receive an email from a Payroll Staff member informing you that a timesheet has been created for you on GaelXpress.

While you wait, take the opportunity to review the following information: